Friday, August 28, 2009

Soundtrack to My Life-Part 24

So yes it's been a while since I've updated this...sorry :(  I've been busy prepping for our Scotland trip, getting ahead on FooF/Shakespeare papers, writing blog posts for Wheatstone (more about this in a later post), etc...but no longer shall I delay.  Here you go my dear friends!
1) White Winter Hymnal-Fleet Foxes-I haven't listened to much of this band, but I really love their sound-it's sorta a country naturey version of the Beach Boys, to me, and it just has a really fun, laid back acoustic sound with fantastic lyrics, and the song is so whimsical and cute :)
2) Death and All His Friends-Coldplay-I love the lyrics of this song..."I don't wanna battle from beginning to end,/ I don't wanna cycle, recycle revenge,/ I don't wanna follow Death and all his friends."  
3) On the Rise-Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog-if you've never heard of this, look it up on Hulu and watch it...it's so hilariously cute and amazing...it's brilliant yet amusing and tragic and fantastic...:)
4) Rachmaninoff Piano concerto no. 2-1st movement-absolutely brilliant and hauntingly gorgeous, the sort of music that gives you shivers...amazing
5) Music of the Night-Michael Crawford-yes, the legit Phantom...no one can do it like him...his voice gives me chills still...he even beats Raul at his own song in All I Ask of You...a Phantom with his voice and Gerard Butler's looks would be a part of my dream cast...along with Emmy Rossum as Christine, Minnie Driver as Carlotta, and Josh Groban as Raul :P

No comments: