Thursday, January 27, 2011

Signs

So I've been writing songs again. It's felt good to be back at a piano in a more creationary aspect than I generally do in the conservatory. This doesn't have music yet, but it will.

Signs
v1
I think I'll make a sign
Beware this heart of mine
Cause I know that in time
You'll find out all of me

I'll warn you to take care
Red letters say beware
You say that you don't care
But you won't like what you see

ch
This is your only warning till you walk in, eyes open wide
My heart's a danger zone of fears and shame and pride
But if that doesn't scare you, if you don't run away
Then promise me despite my scars that you are here to stay

v2
These signs are warning you
What comes if you break through
The walls up shielding you
From what you shouldn't know

Think you can handle me?
Not scared by what you see?
Hold my heart carefully
Cause I could still explode

2 comments:

Ariel said...

I like it. I can really feel the emotions from what you've written. I can't wait to hear the music.

Elizabeth said...

It actually has music now! One of the better things I've written :)