Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Sonnet to SATS

Hello all,
And especially hello to Emily Oh, who encouraged me to post my sonnet on this blog.  Actually though Emily, this was not the sonnet I had intended to post, but rather one that I wrote this morning.  THis morning...I had to take my SAT...all the reading/writing sections were far too easy for a Torrey student so I ended up sitting there for half the time with nothing to do.  In those empty boring periods...I wrote this sonnet.

Bright morning time, I wake to loud alarm
It's Saturday, to sleep and stay in late
But then I recollect to comfort's harm
The day has come at last which most I hate
My SAT test, dreaded time has come
And i must spend my weekend doing math
And writing essays, filling bubbles-sums
And grammar, reading, charts and words and graphs.
I know if I would go to THI
Foul beast must be attacked with all my strength
And so I take my pencils, heave a sigh
And start the test, undaunted by its length
I watch the clock creep slowly by, till rest
Shall be all mine at end of dreaded test.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

"reading/writings were far too easy for a Torrey Student" That was a lovely sonnet. Brilliant for the fact that you had enough time to write it. DURING the SATs. I applaud. =]

Ariel said...

Quite a lovely little thing. And very fun. :)