Friday, December 5, 2008

Soundtrack to my Life-Part 7

Hello all...sorry this is late...I was out at a gloriously amazing lecture on poetic form through Shakespeare's formal poetry last night by the amazingly brilliant Mr. Bartel (or Timothy Evan Bartel for those of you who were there ;)
So here we go...and no Tim I still haven't put them online for you to listen to yet...I have fun describing the songs and making you look them up yourselves ;)  Or maybe I'm just lazy...
1) Sing Me To Sleep-Waking Ashland...one of my new favorite groups...they remind me a lot of Mae, except not quite as light and fantasy like, a bit darker and more realistic...but they have the most beautiful piano sound...there are so many songs that I love so I'll show restraint by only listing two of my favorites.
2) All Hands on Deck-also by Waking Ashland...I've actually started picking out the piano part to this one :)
3) Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring-the Amy Grant version...such a beautiful Scottish sound to it :)  
4) Carol of the Bells-Manheim Steamroller (I know I spelled Manheim wrong...deal with it)
5)That's How You Know-Enchanted soundtrack...love this movie, especially after the Dominican ;)  Is good.

and this week I'm doing something different and also giving you one song that I have heard far too many times this week and now hate...I want a hippopatamus for Christmas...i am so sick of that song...and it gets stuck in your head so easily...now i'll go listen to waking ashland to get it out of my head...

*edit-I have now put songs on my blog...and I actually figured it out all by myself :)

No comments: