Thursday, December 11, 2008

Soundtrack to My Life-Part 8

Yes today is Thursday, and Thursday means more music...perhaps some day I should switch it to Monday so that I get to use alliteration more :)  But for now...it's Thursday.
1) All I Want For Christmas- yes it's Mariah Carey...but its such a fun christmas song!  :)  It's so catchy and easy to get in your head...and whatever you may say, it's a million times better than I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas ;)
2) Elgar's Cello Concerto-and I know I already listed this several weeks ago...but you didn't get to hear it...so if you've never heard it, listen to it now and tell me if that melody isn't just the most haunting painfully beautiful music you've ever heard.
3) The Ocean-another beautiful Mae song with gorgeous lyrics...I wish I could write poetry like that..."I need you here tonight just like the ocean needs the waves"  mmm beautiful
4) Chopin Ballade #1-beautiful Chopin...Chopin's good...but Chopin ballades are amazing...this is spectacular compared to his nocturnes, which are good but not fantastic.
5)  O Holy Night-Josh Groban-favorite christmas carol, favorite artist, what more could you ask for?
Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Gabriel said...

I love all those selections =D

Tim said...

don't you dare steal my alliterations.

Elizabeth said...

Steal? If we're talking about stealing here...who started the weekly listing of favorite songs, hmmm? Who among us re-sparked the torrey blogging trend, hmm? I don't steal trends here, I start them ;)