Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What is Love?

Why is love so elusive?  Every time I think I have it within my grasp, every time I think I have a concrete answer, it slips away.  It evades me and seemingly disappears, only to appear again when I have given up hope that it is true.  Is this complicated dance all there is of life?  Weaving in and out, searching back and forth and only occasionally catching glimpses of what could be?  If I grasp now, I may lose it forever...but if I wait, it may never come back.  Where are you love?

1 comment:

Cree said...

“Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder…”– Thoreau
I assume the same applies for love. It seems to me that if one is too concerned with the true meaning of things, he will miss out partaking in that activity. Will we ever live if we are too concerned with the meaning of life? Will we ever be happy if we contemplate its nature? Will we ever love if we cannot move past the questions it naturally presents?
Did Jesus find it easy to love? It seemed to be an activity that came naturally to Him, and He did it without searching the innermost depths of its essence. He just...loved. Why can't we just love? *sigh*