Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soundtrack to My Life-Part 25

So I think its time for some new music...and I've been listening to a lot of new music lately courtesy of Daniel :)  So lots of happy alt rock bands this week :)
1) Shoreline-Deas Vail-I just discovered this band, and I think they're amazing :)  They're touring with Mae for their (a)fternoon tour, so I decided to listen to them before the concert...very very good :)
2) Fix You-Coldplay-my new favorite Coldplay song :)  Reminds me a lot of Death and All His Friends, musically speaking, but the chorus(es) are very good lyrically too
3) Bad Day-the first time I heard this song was an Alvin and the Chipmunks cover, and I remember thinking...hey this would be a good song if it weren't for the chipmunk voices, so I was excited to find that they weren't the only ones to sing it.  It's a catchy sort of song, so it sticks in your head really easily :P  Try not to get it stuck after listening to it a few times...nearly impossible.
4) Amazing, Because It Is-The Almost-fantastic song, fantastic band (tooth and nail, so of course they're good), fantastic pantomime :)
5) Just Let Go-mae-another good song, from singularity this time, which i don't listen to as much..but it's a really good song.  Their new EP is out now!!!!  on iTunes!!!!  its excellent, go listen to it :)

No comments: