Thursday, May 28, 2009

Soundtrack to my Life-Part 17

Hurrah!!!  Today was the absolutely final positively last day of Foundations of American Thought at Yorba Linda with Mr. Bartel.  It makes me sad...it's been a rewarding year and I shall miss it...but at the same time, summer will be a good rest :)  
1) From the Inside Out-Campaign-I actually like this better than the Hillsong version (not to mention it's another Speechless song...that I had a lead in ;)  I love the idea behind the song though, that God should be consuming all of us, from the innermost part of our being outward to our every movement.
2) Breathe-Anberlin-This is from New Surrender, which I didn't like as much as Cities at first...but I'm growing to like it more and more :)  I do like the acoustic songs more than the harder rock...the more emotional, deeply thinking as opposed to up front in your face hardness.

 3) Just Let Go-Mae-I didn't like most of Singularity at first, but Just Let Go has gradually become a favorite...not to mention Daniel was awesome and photoshopped some artwork for Just Let Go that is now my beautiful desktop background :)
4) The Best in Me-Sherwood-I really like the fun poppy bounciness of this song...it reminds me of a more mature version of Jump5 :)  They're going to be in concert the same time as I'm at Wheatstone :(  So sad, I would have loved to see them...
5) Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)-Chris Tomlin-this has always been one of my favorite hymns, and I absolutely love the arrangement Christ Tomlin's done of it...all the changes he's made, from adding a chorus and the original last verse, to changing the time signature to 4/4, fit and flow with the song while retaining the original meaning and beauty.

2 comments:

Ignoratus said...

Congratulations on your recognition last night at the banquet!!!
was it the term paper you posted a week or so ago?

Elizabeth said...

Thank you! And congratulations to your paper as well!!! Yes, it was the paper I posted :)