Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Four-"D"

D-Dad


Today is not only a post about my dad, but a huge thank you to him for all he’s done for me this year and in my life.  Dad, for the past seventeen years of my life you’ve been an encouragement in my intellectual life, encouraging me to think critically and deeply about what I read, watch, listen to, and believe.  You’ve loved me through the many difficult times, when I do well and make you proud in my piano or poetry, and when I struggle to follow your example.  From the time I was little, you’ve read to me great literature: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Hobbit; and spent time with me discussing what we read.  Dad, your love for me has greatly blessed my life, encouraged me in so many ways.  But most importantly, your love has pointed me to the love of God.  Like you, His love is unconditional.  Like you, God constantly has my best interests at heart, even when it feels otherwise.  Thank you, Dad, for your godly advice in issues big and small.  Thank you for desiring to protect and provide for me.  Thank you for your love which does not fade or flicker.

No comments: