Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Thirteen-"M"

M-Mummy (Yes, I do call my mom Mummy...and yes I do wish I were British sometimes :P)


My wonderful mummy, my biggest role model, fellow lover of Jane Austen, scrapbooking, and pastries, I love you so much.  I look up to you as an example of the kind of mom I want to be someday; encouraging and supportive of her husband, teacher and guide to her children, servant to the community.  You are always helping someone, stepping in and taking responsibility outside of the home while still balancing the joys and responsibilities of a homeschool mother.  Throughout my life you have always been available any time I had a question about school or about life.  Though I’ve become more independent in my schoolwork during high school, I still love being able to come to you to help me edit a paper, explain a math concept, and particularly to share in my joys and sorrows over school.  Mummy, I love the time we spend together watching Pride and Prejudice or Sue Thomas, reading encouraging books together, baking something scrumptious in the kitchen, or just talking.  But most importantly, I love you.  You make me long for your patience, responsibility, and servant’s heart.  No matter what I do, you still love me for who I am.  Thank you Mummy.

2 comments:

The Bush Family said...

Dear Elizabeth,
You are the most amazing and beautiful young woman I know. I am sorry I do not tell you more often. I am blessed to be your Mummy. I love you dearly.

Elizabeth said...

This is very nice. Elizabeth,you have wonderful relationship with your family. It is so nice to read what you feels about your life.