Friday, June 26, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Twenty Six-"Z"

So today's the final day of this blog challenge...rejoice with me all ye who persevered and read the entire thing :)

Z-Zucchini Bread

As the final post in this blog challenge, this post ought to be the one that goes out with a bang: bright, dazzling, clever, and well written.  However, with a letter like this one, this task seemed at first to be a rather daunting one?  How was I to write two hundred wonderful words on a topic that seemed so illusory?  But then I remembered a topic so simple yet so interesting, and delicious too :)  Zucchini bread, a sweet bread, similar in texture to banana bread, is absolutely one of the most delicious sweet loaves you can make.  Although it may sound somewhat odd, the grated zucchini baked into the loaves not only gives them a fantastic and slightly vegetabley flavor, but the juice from the zucchini helps the bread remain moist, and fluffy.  Crisp and brown on the outside, light as a cloud within, the perfect loaf of zucchini bread, when sliced and served warm with butter, is a snack to die for.  And now that I’m rapsodizing over the loveliness that is zucchini bread, I’m beginning to want to bake some :)  For actions speak louder than words, but zucchini bread is shouting my name louder than all else.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

Hurrah!!! Congrats on finishing the marathon! May I have a loaf? ;)

Elizabeth said...

Thank you very much and welcome home :) I'd love to give you some zucchini bread when I make it :)