Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Twenty Three-"W"

W-World
Since this morning was our church’s VBS, and this evening was worship practice for Sunday morning , today’s blog post is going to be slightly different from my previous posts.  This blog post topic is the World, so for this topic I’m going to post a poem I wrote this evening, with the world as a minor theme.  Enjoy and comment! 


Secret Songs

Songs resounding all around me

An inner melody accompanying my every move

Serenading my steps, a secret song for myself alone

and outside my mind, the songs which anyone can hear.

Beautiful they may be, true

they may be, good

they may be, and yet

I hear them not, I am deafened to all else

by my own secret song.  Two

concentric circles, two separate symphonies

One is mine and one belongs to the world

A picture of my life perhaps?

While all others walk to the music of the world 

I move and live and breathe against the unheard

rhythm that only I can hear.  An inner life

separate and secret, and these words,

which tune do they reflect?  My love,

to which melody do you move?  The outer or inner, 

projected or unheard, visible or secret song?

No comments: