Friday, June 5, 2009

Soundtrack to my Life-Part 18

Hey y'all!  I know this is a little late...but better late than never, right?

1) Adagio for Strings-Barber-I just discovered this gorgeously heartrending piece a few days ago and have fallen absolutely in love with it.  There's a youtube video of the BBC orchestra playing it, set to pictures from 9-11...absolutely amazing.  
2) You and Me-Lifehouse-what a wonderfully touching song...more acoustic goodness :)  Though I've always wondered...why do Christian radio stations play this song so much?  I mean, it's good...but it's basically a romantic song...why would the Fish like it so much?
3) Who am I-Jessica Andrews-I'm not typically a huge country fan...but this is the theme song for an adoreable tv show...Sue Thomas FBEye...it was on PAX for a few years in the early 2000's. :)
4) Goodbye, Goodnight-Mae-yes, I've got to get my weekly Mae song on here, and this is one that's been stuck in my head for a while...I really did like Destination Beautiful, though not Singularity as much.  Sadly I can't put stuff from their new EP up yet...but when I can, I will :)
5) Sway Your Head-We Shot the Moon-this song starts off with such a great piano intro...the entire album is pretty good...plus, you've just gotta love a band with such an awesome name :)

No comments: