Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Nine-"I"

I-iPod (and yes Tim, this one is 200 words)


Since I’ve been blogging about deep or significant things for the past few days...(alright, maybe frittatas aren’t that significant) I’d like to talk about something a little more frivolous.  My pink iPod, Darcy.  Yes, I have named my iPod, as well as my car, piano, keyboard...you get the picture.  This, my first and only iPod, is a bright pink 2nd gen iPod nano...which I infinitely preferred to the short, squat 3rd generation, though the most recent are alright as well.  Since receiving it in 2007 as a 15th birthday gift, I’ve amassed nearly 850 songs in a wide range of genres.  A brief scan of my artist list reveals artists such as Anberlin, Beethoven, Bach, Coldplay, The Fray, Jack Johnson, Jon Foreman, Jonas Brothers, Jonathan Jones, Josh Groban, Lifehouse, Lincoln Brewster, Mae, Muse, Radiohead, Rachmaninoff, Sherwood, Switchfoot, We Shot the Moon, and more.  (If you recognize all of those bands or composers, I’m impressed.)  My iPod is practically a necessity in my life, as I walk work and wonder to a perpetual soundtrack.  It’s an odd feeling, to be living in the world as if I were in a movie, but this time, I control the music.    

1 comment:

Tim said...

no, the most recent are the sexiest, hottest, slimmest, most awesome nano to ever be invented. chuck norris can't defeat one, and ipods don't have hands.