Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Twenty Five-"Y"

Today is the penultimate post of my twenty-six day blog challenge!!!  Two more letters to go and then I will have succeeded :)

Y-Youth Sunday

One of my favorite youth events at our church, is Youth Sunday.  Youth Sunday, occurring once every year on the second Sunday in September, is a time for the high schoolers to step up and take leadership in the church.  On this particular Sunday, the high school group leads the entire service, from worship to dramas to speech choirs to speaking  Although the theme for the service is chosen by our youth pastor, the rest of the service is decided, organized, and put on by the high school students.  For the past two years, I’ve been privileged to play piano in worship, and last year I actually assisted in leading the worship team by writing music for and leading the orchestra portion of the worship team, comprised of two flautists and a cellist.  In addition to leading worship, I’ve helped write skits, participated in speech choirs, and helped to organize the presentation portion of one of four mini topics.  This service is an important part of the church, I think, as the youth who will someday be the adult congregation learn to take responsibility and show that they have taken to heart all they’ve learned over the past several years.

No comments: