Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day Six-"F"

F-Food

Ever since seeing the gorgeous frittata pans in Williams-Sonoma (one of the most wonderful stores in the world), and reading their recipes for asparagus or other vegetable frittatas, I’ve wanted desperately to make my own frittatas.  I’ve been somewhat intimated by the idea of flipping the eggs, though, as nothing I flip when I cook ever comes out perfectly.  But since we have fresh asparagus from Trader Joe’s, I will make a frittata in the next few days, as long as no one eats the asparagus.  And yes, you may have pictures before it is eaten.  For those of you who may not know, a frittata is an egg dish similar to an omlette; however instead of folding the ingredients inside the egg, the ingredients (vegetables, meat, cheese, and so on), is mixed in with the egg and cooked in a double frying pan so that instead of flipping the frittata it’s merely turned over into the other skillet.  This first frittata will probably have asparagus, onion, green bell pepper, maybe red potatoes, and feta cheese.  And yes, that really does go well together.  Williams-Sonoma, you are wonderful.  Thank you for introducing me to the deliciousness of frittatas.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I dont usually eat eggs, but when I do, I make sure it has some meat in it. Stay hungry, my friends.