Monday, June 1, 2009

Blog Challenge-Day One-"A"

So today is the day that I begin the blog challenge...to write 200 words for twenty-six days, or twenty-six letters, or five thousand two hundred words, or approximately two Faith term papers, or...you get the picture.  And just for the record...there is no rhyme or reason whatsoever to the words I choose for each letter...it's just what I feel like writing two hundred words about that day...
A-Anberlin

Anberlin is an absolutely amazing band.  (See, I can even get the alliteration going here).  Thanks to Daniel, I have added yet another little known band to my list of favorite little known bands.  With a wide range of songs from the acoustic emo ballad “The Unwinding Cable Car” to the energetic, inspiring “Breathe” to the fun to rock to  “A Whisper and A Clamor” Anberlin possesses the ability not only to engage my ears and musical talent but delight of words and poetry as well as Torrey inspired ability to analyze and examine critically.  When I first began listening to their album “Cities” I was somewhat unimpressed, but as I continued to listen, little gems started to call for my attention.  It may be a particularly popular song, and I rarely enjoy the most popular songs on an album, but The Unwinding Cable Car has become one of my absolute favorite songs in the world, with a gorgeous acoustic intro and dazzling lyrics such as “This is the correlation of salvation and love...”  Anberlin, how I love you...although you shall never replace Mae as my favorite band, Anberlin will definitely be a band to explore in the future.

No comments: